Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Drew's First Scenes

This week, our team had our first hands on experience with Leonar3Do. Each of us were tasked to create two “scenes” and to see what we were capable of creating with the software. The first scene I created was simply a set of simple shapes to make sure I understood the basics of the software. Creating this scene was a great way to break the ice, and made the software feel less intimidating to work with.

In my second scene I was given the freedom to just explore the program and to let my creative juices flow. I used a variety of different brushes and tools to manipulate the various objects in the scene and created a 3D logo for our group.


I genuinely had a blast working with the software and I honestly didn’t find it to difficult to pick up and utilize the different tools and settings of Leonar3do. However, I did come to find the control mechanism “The bird” was a little awkward to work with over an extended period of time. The bird seemed to feel unresponsive at times and would act sporadically if it wasn’t in a particular zone of the 3D field. This may have been a sign to recalibrate the software, but it is something I feel I’ll just have to get used to when using Leonar3do. I genuinely had a great time learning this software, and I’m looking forward to seeing what I can create with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment