Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Marcella's First Scenes

My first experience on the Leonar3Do software was fun, but more difficult than I anticipated. For the first scene that I was assigned I simply had to create simple shapes and have them interact with each other within the scene. I changed the colors of the objects, and then created parent-child relationships between some of the objects. Parent-child relationships on the Leona3do software mean that you connect two objects with a line. The line represents the relationship and the object that the line is coming from is considered the parent, while the object that the line is going to is the child. If you try to move the child after the relationship is made, the parent moves with it. The parent can still move freely without affecting the child object.

The second scene that I created in this assignment was much harder for me. The assignment was to sculpt an original object on the software. I chose to sculpt a little man that we could use in communication model visualization. That sounds simple enough, right? I started with a simple sphere. I then used the sculpting tool to create arms, legs, and a head. I attempted to sculpt the body so that the body wasn’t so spherical. This sculpting was a whole new experience for me and was much more difficult than I expected it to be. It is a whole new skill to learn. I have never done anything like it so I felt kind of like a young child trying to color inside the lines of a coloring book. I hope to become more accustomed to the software and being able to create more realistic figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment