Thursday, March 20, 2014

Preparing My G.I.F.T For CSCA


In preparation for this conference I have been busy over this last creating my second concept model in Leonar3Do. For this model I chose to create a model of Zizi Papacharissi’s concept of networked self. If you’d like to read more about this concept, then feel read to the following article here.

 I’ve made a lot of progress on my model during this last week. On Tuesday I was able to create my primitive shapes and figurines with Leonar3Do Today I then started messing around with the layout of my model. Currently, I’m in a bit of a standstill with my model. I’m trying to find some pre made OBJ objects to incorporate into my scene. I’ve been looking on various sites, but there are so many different options that I just need to decide what type of object I want to use. Once I deicide on an OBJ, I will then be able to start animating my scene. My goal is to start animating by this weekend so that I will be able to have enough time to edit together a short video of my concept.

The more I’ve worked with the Leonar3Do the more I’m starting to enjoy it. With each passing week it becomes less intimidating and much more exciting to use. I’ve found myself experimenting more with the software, and trying out different ideas as I’m building my scene. I’m still having a few issues with the software, but I’m at the point in which I feel that I can watch a tutorial video and work my way through any problem. 

I’m excited to see how this project will turn out. I’ve put a lot of effort into the creation of this second model and I hope that it will be intriguing to those at the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment